I attended the first Garstang Volunteer Initiative public meeting 16/3/20 along with Cllr Allan, Leech and Pearson. The organizers of this initiative are looking for volunteers so they can help isolated, vulnerable and elderly people during the coronavirus crisis. The main priorities are to make sure these people are safe, fed and warm and they will be offering to order, collect and deliver their shopping. The organizers explained that all call handlers will be DBS checked and every call will be monitored. The areas covered by this scheme will be Cabus, Catterall, Churchtown, Nateby, Cabus, Forton and Garstang. I was very proud of our community for setting this initiative up and all the people that have offered to help. I am told the helplines will go live from 10am Monday 23rd March 2020. We will publish the telephone numbers asap.
- The NHS Test and Trace service has been launched – Beware of Scams 31st May 2020
- Message from the Mayor, Cllr Elizabeth Webster 21st May 2020
- Temporary road closure on Garstang Road, Barnacre with Bonds on 15/6/2020 until 28/06/20 19th May 2020
- Places of worship and outdoor congregational prayers/gatherings 19/5/2020 19th May 2020
- Annual Town Council minutes, 18 May 2020 18th May 2020