I attended the first Garstang Volunteer Initiative public meeting 16/3/20 along with Cllr Allan, Leech and Pearson. The organizers of this initiative are looking for volunteers so they can help isolated, vulnerable and elderly people during the coronavirus crisis. The main priorities are to make sure these people are safe, fed and warm and they will be offering to order, collect and deliver their shopping. The organizers explained that all call handlers will be DBS checked and every call will be monitored. The areas covered by this scheme will be Cabus, Catterall, Churchtown, Nateby, Cabus, Forton and Garstang. I was very proud of our community for setting this initiative up and all the people that have offered to help. I am told the helplines will go live from 10am Monday 23rd March 2020. We will publish the telephone numbers asap.
- Lancashire moves to Tier 3 coronavirus alert level, Friday 16 October 2020 19th October 2020
- New play equipment installed on Jubilee Gardens following £35k investment, Wyre Council 19th October 2020
- Lancashire Resilience Forum – Adult social care, 14 October 2020 19th October 2020
- Lancashire Resilience Forum 16 October 2020 – Edition 18 19th October 2020
- Town Council agenda, 19 October 2020 14th October 2020