I attended the first Garstang Volunteer Initiative public meeting 16/3/20 along with Cllr Allan, Leech and Pearson. The organizers of this initiative are looking for volunteers so they can help isolated, vulnerable and elderly people during the coronavirus crisis. The main priorities are to make sure these people are safe, fed and warm and they will be offering to order, collect and deliver their shopping. The organizers explained that all call handlers will be DBS checked and every call will be monitored. The areas covered by this scheme will be Cabus, Catterall, Churchtown, Nateby, Cabus, Forton and Garstang. I was very proud of our community for setting this initiative up and all the people that have offered to help. I am told the helplines will go live from 10am Monday 23rd March 2020. We will publish the telephone numbers asap.
- Garstang Town Council co-opts two new councillors, and welcomes the youngest person to take on the role in the town’s history. 30th July 2020
- Know exactly where you are in an emergency with what3words, Lancashire police 29th July 2020
- Introducing our new safety in neighbours burglary campaign, Neighbourhood alert 29th July 2020
- Extraordinary meeting of the Town Council, 27 July 2020 22nd July 2020
- Town Council minutes, 20 July 2020 20th July 2020